Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Travelog: NYC

Sometime in January, I went down to New York to see some friends. It was a relatively uneventful trip, save for the fact that I drew the whole time. The first page is from the bus. I loves me some telephone lines...


I was actually impressed how diverse the shapes and sizes of the poles were...especially the old ones that ran along the train tracks. I used to love to find those giant glass insulators that the wires wrapped around (there were a set of abandoned tracks behind my house growing up).

Enough about the telephone lines (and insulators). I then ate lots of foods (bangers, enchiladas, and deep-fried Reese's peanut butter cups, to name a few), walked many miles (and subsequently got sore, stinky feet), drank beer in the dark (weird), and went to the bathroom on a moving bus (which was rather like a rodeo, except my pants were down and I was riding a toilet instead of a bull).


Thankfully, generous amounts of time passed in between all of these things, so I was not too overwhelmed with my visit.

-m

No comments: