Friday, October 19, 2007

Karaoke.

Here are some sketches I did post-SPX karaoke last Saturday. It was sweaty. I met so many new folks this time around; I wish I could've drawn more of them (a la Mr. Matthew Reidsma). You'll just have to settle for these. Maybe I'll color them. Maybe.
Mr. Alec Longstreth

Miss Liz Prince

Mr. Aaron Renier I can't remember what he sang, only that he sang sweetly to everything.

Mr. Joe

and me.

I'm not really sure who the person in the left corner is...I thought is was me, but when I inked it, I thought, "That kinda looks like Liz Baillie" (who I unfortunately didn't get to meet). So maybe that's her rocking out to Weezer.

Oh yeah, and Jeff Smith rode in the back of my car (OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG.), but Joe already posted about that...

3 comments:

Alec Longstreth said...

Wow! I love the drawing you did of me! Thanks Maris!!!

spectacular said...

that looks like a barrel of fun!
& the only song i knew was the first one. =]

p.s. i'm sending your postcard this week hopefully! there are like 3 i need to send!

maris wicks said...

Alec: You're welcome! I had no idea that everyone was such a karaoke rockstar. Also, I hope that you don't mind that you have no nose. In my drawing, I mean.

Miss Spectacular: I eagerly await your postcard! Remember those comics you read last Thanksgiving (Scott Pilgrim)? The new one is coming out in a month...Want me to send you a copy?

As fas as songs go...
Joe and Liz both sang "I'll Make Love to You" by Boyz II Men (a cheesy slowjam from the early 90s), and I sang "Happy Together" by The Turtles (a great, great song).